Thursday, April 17, 2014

Project 9: Commercial and Fine Art Portraits

Throughout the course of Project Nine, we have been learning the difference between fine art and commercial portraits. We learned how various poses, lights, and backgrounds capture the artist's mood in fine art portrait. In contrast, commercial portraits are supposed to have less of a mood and are supposed to capture the feelings of the model rather than the artist. The end result for this project was a magazine cover and multiple edited fine art portraits.




Fine Art Portrait: Green Light

Fine Art Portrait: Contrast

Fine Art Portrait: Vampire


Above are my fine art portraits. I tried to use the lighting system in the theater to effectively capture various moods in the picture. I also did this by having my model strike various dramatic poses, and telling her to do serious facial expressions. I edited these all differently, but I think that all of the various ways I edited them captures different elements of my personal ascetics.



Contact Sheet: Commercial and Fine Art Portraits 
This is my contact sheet. Shown, are all of my commercial portraits and my fine art portraits. I have displayed both the original photo and the edited photo. The top three rows of the contact sheet contain my fine art portraits, the first picture that appears in the unedited one, and the one following is the edited version. The bottom three rows are my commercial portraits.

No comments:

Post a Comment