Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Postcards

The next project we will work on is a postcard project. We will be taking film we shot over the summer (I will be using photos from Italy) and creating a series of postcards. I'm thinking about using this series of door pictures I took while I was in Italy. I will print 7-10 pictures of different doors that I took pictures of and I will apply different printing methods. I will make a cyanotype for one postcard, a gum bichromate for another, scan some images into the computer and edit and print it digitally, I will print some on semi-matte paper and hand paint them. This works really well with my thesis for the year (my thesis is wandering/exploring).
Julian Smart, Untitled 1, Gum Bichromate
map2-sml.jpg
Pirkko Holm: Map 2, multiple coated cyanotype

No comments:

Post a Comment